First it was solid blue then yellow with a bit of sludge green. Strings of tar gel followed and then drips of red, blue, and purple acrylic ink. After it dried, I found it completely fascinating no matter what direction I turned it. I toyed with the idea of allowing it to be viewed in any direction, and contemplated how I would sign it and rig it for hanging.
However, after a few days of healing, I decided to stabilize the piece by filling in a heart shape found in the middlish with gold acrylic ink.
The first day I felt better, I added yellow orange azo and napanthol red around the heart with blues of Manganese and Ultramarine along the bottom. I finished it off with a little iridescent pearl in the heart outline and along the top of the wave. It has become my current favorite painting!
The red spread pretty nicely, then I added gold that just stayed in dots. Next pthalo blue and dioxizine purple both of which looked like shades of black. So I sprayed on water to make the colors run.
There were great puddles of water forming so I dabbed at it with a paper towel and rolled colors around by inclining the painting and turning it. Then I threw on some more gold splatters for good measure. I was concerned that I had added too much paint and cracks wouldn't form... Not to fear the cracks keep coming!
By Monday the crackle paste should be completely dry and hopefully I will be completely well. I'll add a gel of some sort to make the painting look glossy like it did when it was wet.
I'm so thankful to have my studio set up in the living room which made it easy to paint as I felt able, and painting helped me feel better. Grace abounds!