I could feel the vibration of his footsteps against the ground as my head bobbed up and down to the rhythm. When we finally got to Jesus' destination, he gently put me down. It was a beautiful and bright place and I was so happy to be there. I began joyfully kicking up my heels in a thankful dance around Jesus.
This vision has given me such joy! I have laughed at the picture of myself with my head bobbing up and down, giving God directions, while he just smiled in loving amusement and took me to the best place, the place he knew I needed to go because he knows me and cares for me. He is the Good Shepard.
I feel assured that even if or when I am being stubborn or oblivious, Jesus will lovingly take me where I need to go. He loves me that much!
| || |
This is quite soothing in days of apparent economic uncertainty, when rational reality shouts dire, scary things about the future. My heart remains at peace. I have faith in the one who is faithful.
Sometimes rational reality doesn't shout but whispers fears and doubts, shame and consequences for actions and inactions. Yet I was given this lovely vision about how and where I'm going which fills me with hope.
So I am excited for 2013! I know that change is coming. An actual move is likely. New possibilities await exploration. I feel confident to leap and play.
- I made art almost every day; many, many drawings and doodles, many small paintings and a few larger ones
- 44 out of 52 weeks I wrote for this blog
- I wrote 64 blog posts for Art Around Burbank, saw far more art in my neighborhood than I wrote about, and met many wonderful artists and art lovers because of it
- I was mentioned in a couple of local papers as a participating artist and as an art leader
- At least two dozen pieces of my artwork found new homes with happy collectors
- For the first time ever, I made more money from artwork than I spent! Hooray!
- I was given the opportunity to be a judge for the Beverly Hills Art Show and got paid to do so!
- Overcoming fear and trepidation, I successfully taught a few classes on acrylic painting
- I was elected President of the Burbank Art Association for the third year in a row
- My artwork was shown in 17 exhibitions in 4 states
- I became a founding member of the Simply Art Collective, collaborative arts group
- and I began participating in the NoHo Arts District Farmers Market/Artist Village
2013 is already showing promise and potential. As always there is the risk of success and failure but at this moment, I believe I will choose to be bold this year, bravely embracing opportunities that stretch my abilities, because I know that ultimately I am safe and secure no matter how circumstances appear.
I hope to learn and accept when to lead and when to follow but even if I don't, I know I can count on being carried to the best destination with my head bobbing up and down to the beat of God's feet.